- Fundação JC
- Faça um Presente
- Bolsa Isobel Stevenson
Bolsa Isobel Stevenson
Miss Isobel Stevenson, who was Headmistress of Jersey College for Girls from 1981 until 1994, left an incredibly generous bequest to the Jersey College for Girls Foundation after she passed away at the beginning of the year.
One of the Foundation’s main areas of focus is to increase funding available for bursaries and financial support for students; enabling a student to be offered a fully funded place for the seven years at JCG.
Miss Stevenson’s £1.3 million donation will allow the Foundation to create a bursary fund in her name and enable future generations of students to have a JCG education.
We are incredibly grateful for Miss Stevenson’s generosity, which is a true reflection of her devotion and faith in the College.
About Miss Isobel Stevenson
Miss Stevenson was Headmistress of Jersey College for Girls for 13 years and was instrumental in the establishment of JCG and Prep on Mont Millais. “Isobel was its greatest advocate and most staunchest defender. Formidable, forthright, yes, and also generous, kind and always possessing and driven by a deep hearted sense of care,” JCG’s Principal, Carl Howarth said.
About the Jersey College for Girls Foundation
The Jersey College for Girls Foundation is a charitable trust whose sole purpose is to make excellent education available to as many students as possible.
Its key areas of focus are:
- Advancing the education of students at Jersey College for Girls and Jersey College for Girls Preparatory School.
- Widening access to the Schools through financial and other support, including in particular whole or part fee bursaries, to allow children, whose parents would otherwise be unable to aﬀord the fees, to benefit from a JCG education.
- Advancing the education of students in Jersey or from other countries, through the organisation and funding of innovative educational courses and related activities at the Schools for their benefit.
- Leading the JCG alumnae community, creating a sustainable network of support and advocacy for the JCG Community and increasing the sense of belonging.
The Foundation’s activities include:
- Little Leopards: an after-school play care provision for children in Reception to Year 6 from Jersey College Preparatory School.
- Creative Minds Camp and Programmes: holiday and Saturday programmes for Years 1 to 4 and 5 to 6 respectively, providing a range of fun and educational sessions, including STEM and creative activities.
- Polyphony and LAMDA : in school music and speech & drama provision - Biomedical Leadership Programme: a Summer Programme for student considering, or curious about, a career in a biomedical field.
- LEAP: a Female Leadership Programme for international teams of students to develop business, entrepreneurial and leadership skills through launching social enterprise projects.
- Prepare: GCSE and A level intensive exam preparation.
- Immersion: the JCG Immersion Programme gives international students the opportunity to experience life in Jersey College for Girls and in the island of Jersey.